The Vanuatu immigration and passport services Department provides essential services to protect the nation of Vanuatu by controlling the movement of people at international ports of entry through management of passport, visa and travel identity documentation.
Responsibility Of VIS
- Facilitate and monitor the movement of people to and from Vanuatu
- Provide border security service with assistance of line agencies
- Secure and protect integrity of Vanuatu visa, passport and travel documents
- Participate in government revenue initiatives
- Provide support to migration and development initiatives
- Establish and maintain VIS system and process
“Vanuatu ples we mi wantem liv long hem”
To protect the society of Vanuatu by developing all the elements of the system that are necessary to better manage the flows of people at the borders and managing its people travelling identities.